Salah G Keyrouz, MD
Associate Professor of Neurology
- Associate Professor, Neurological Surgery
- Certified - Vascular Neurology
- Certified - Neurology
- Listed in Best Doctor’s in America, 2013 (Best Doc, Inc.)
- Yaghi S, Moore P, Ray B, Keyrouz SG. Predictors of tracheostomy in patients with spontaneous intracerebral hemorrhage. Clin Neurol Neurosurg. 2013 Jun;115(6):695-8.
- Keyrouz SG, Diringer MN. Year in review 2011: Critical Care – neurocritical care. Crit Care. 2012 Dec 10;16(6):245. [Epub ahead of print]
- Yaghi S, Amole A, Akdol MS, Keyrouz SG. An unusual presentation of a vein of Galen thrombosis. Acta Neurol Belg. 2012 Dec;112(4):419-20.
- Ghazal FA, Singh S, Yaghi S, Keyrouz SG. Gluten ataxia: an important treatable etiology of sporadic ataxia. Int J Neurosci. 2012 Sep;122(9):545-6.
- Amole AO, Akdol MS, Wood CE, Keyrouz SG, Erdem E. Endovascular management of symptomatic vertebral artery origin stenosis in the presence of an acute thrombus. J Neurointerv Surg. 2012 Jul;4(4):e11.
- Kumar A, Keyrouz SG, Willie JT, Dhar R. Reversible obstructive hydrocephalus from hypertensive encephalopathy. Neurocrit Care. 2012 Jun;16(3):433-9.
- Maalouf N, Keyrouz SG. Early appearance of diffusion-weighted hyperintensities in aphasic status epilepticus. A case report. Neuroradiol J. 2012 Mar;25(1):36-9. Epub 2012 Mar 1.
- Yaghi S, Maalouf N, Keyrouz SG. Cervical artery dissection: risk factors, treatment, and outcome; a 5-year experience from a tertiary care center. Int J Neurosci. 2012 Jan;122(1):40-4.
- Galanzha EI, Sarimollaoglu M, Nedosekin DA, Keyrouz SG, Mehta JL, Zharov VP. In vivo flow cytometry of circulating clots using negative photothermal and photoacoustic contrasts. In vivo flow cytometry of circulating clots using negative photothermal and photoacoustic contrasts. Cytometry A. 2011 Oct;79(10):814-24.
- Yaghi S, Oomman S, Keyrouz SG. Non-aneurysmal perimesencephalic subarachnoid hemorrhage caused by a cavernous angioma. Neurocrit Care. 2011 Feb;14(1):84-5.
- Marsh JD, Keyrouz SG. Stroke prevention and treatment. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010 Aug 24;56(9):683-91.
- Abou-Zeid E, Rudnicki SA, Keyrouz SG. Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome following varenicline (Chantix) use. Muscle Nerve. 2009 Sep;40(3):486-7.
- Noufal M, Schmidley JW, Erdem E, Keyrouz SG. Basilar artery occlusion treated with mechanical thrombectomy beyond eight hours with successful recanalization and good functional outcomes. Cerebrovasc Dis. 2009;27(6):614-5.
- Keyrouz SG, Dhar R, Diringer MN. Variation in osmotic response to sustained mannitol administration. Neurocrit Care. 2008;9(2):204-9.
- Gardner R, Wang LH, Ford A, Keyrouz SG. Spontaneous cerebral air embolism associated with remote lung surgery. Neurocrit Care. 2008;8(3):434-6.
Dr. Keyrouz obtained his MD degree from the Lebanese University, Faculty of Medical Sciences, in Beirut, Lebanon (2000), following which he completed a Neurology residency at the University of Arkansas for medical sciences (UAMS) in 2005 and then a fellowship in Neurocritical care at Washington University school of Medicine (WUSM) in 2007. He was an assistant Professor of Neurology at UAMS between 2007 and 2012 during which time he headed the stroke and NNICU division and directed the stroke and telestroke programs. He moved to St Louis to rejoin WUSM as assistant professor of Neurology and medical director of the NNICU in February 2012