Robert Fucetola, PhD
Associate Professor of Neurology
- Chief, Clinical Neuropsychology
- Clinical Neuropsychology - Certified
- Young Investigator’s Award, National Alliance Research on Schizophrenia and Depression (NARSAD) 1998
- Bland MD, Sturmoski A, Whitson M, Harris H, Connor LT, Fucetola R, Edmiaston J, Huskey T, Carter A, Kramper M, Corbetta M, Lang CE. Clinician adherence to a standardized assessment battery across settings and disciplines in a poststroke rehabilitation population. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2013 Jun;94(6):1048-53.e1.
- Bland MD, Sturmoski A, Whitson M, Connor LT, Fucetola R, Huskey T, Corbetta M, Lang CE. Prediction of discharge walking ability from initial assessment in a stroke inpatient rehabilitation facility population. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012 Aug;93(8):1441-7.
- Lang CE, Bland MD, Connor LT, Fucetola R, Whitson M, Edmiaston J, Karr C, Sturmoski A, Baty J, Corbetta M. The brain recovery core: building a system of organized stroke rehabilitation and outcomes assessment across the continuum of care. J Neurol Phys Ther. 2011 Dec;35(4):194-201.
- Naunheim RS, Matero D, Fucetola R. Assessment of patients with mild concussion in the emergency department. J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2008 Mar-Apr;23(2):116-22.
- Hogue CW Jr, Hershey T, Dixon D, Fucetola R, Nassief A, Freedland KE, Thomas B, Schechtman K. Preexisting cognitive impairment in women before cardiac surgery and its relationship with C-reactive protein concentrations. Anesth Analg. 2006 Jun;102(6):1602-8; table of contents.
- Naunheim R, McGurren M, Standeven J, Fucetola R, Lauryssen C, Deibert E. Does the use of artificial turf contribute to head injuries? J Trauma. 2002 Oct;53(4):691-4.
- Newcomer JW, Haupt DW, Fucetola R, Melson AK, Schweiger JA, Cooper BP, Selke G. Abnormalities in glucose regulation during antipsychotic treatment of schizophrenia. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2002 Apr;59(4):337-45. Review.
- Fucetola R, Seidman LJ, Kremen WS, Faraone SV, Goldstein JM, Tsuang MT. Age and neuropsychologic function in schizophrenia: a decline in executive abilities beyond that observed in healthy volunteers. Biol Psychiatry. 2000 Jul 15;48(2):137-46.
- Fucetola R, Newcomer JW, Craft S, Melson AK. Age- and dose-dependent glucose-induced increases in memory and attention in schizophrenia. Psychiatry Res. 1999 Oct 18;88(1):1-13.
- Newcomer JW, Craft S, Fucetola R, Moldin SO, Selke G, Paras L, Miller R. Glucose-induced increase in memory performance in patients with schizophrenia. Schizophr Bull. 1999;25(2):321-35.
- Fucetola R, Smith MC. Distorted visual feedback effects on drawing in Parkinson’s disease. Acta Psychol (Amst). 1997 Apr;95(3):255-66.
Dr. Fucetola is originally from Annapolis, Maryland. In 1998, he joined the faculty in the Department of Neurology at Washington University School of Medicine. He is currently an Associate Professor of Neurology and Chief of Clinical Neuropsychology in the Stroke and Brain Injury Rehabilitation Section. Dr. Fucetola provides evaluation and treatment to patients with stroke, traumatic brain injury, dementia, and other brain disorders. Dr. Fucetola has a special interest in sports-related concussion, and is the consulting neuropsychologist to the St. Louis Blues.
Dr. Fucetola also directs the Evidence Based Aphasia Clinic (EBAC) with behavioral neurologist Dr. Maurizio Corbetta. The EBAC is a specialty clinic for the evaluation and treatment of patients with aphasia due to stroke or other neurological conditions. Dr. Fucetola is actively involved in research projects involving aphasia, brain injury/concussion and practices forensic neuropsychology.