Renee B. Van Stavern, MD
Associate Professor of Neurology
- Vascular Neurology - Certified
- Neurology - Certified
- Listed in Best Doctors in America, 2008-2013 (Best Doctors, Inc.)
- Bhattacharya P, Van Stavern R, Madhavan R. Automated data mining: an innovative and efficient web-based approach to maintaining resident case logs. J Grad Med Educ. 2010 Dec;2(4):566-70.
- Betancourt M, Van Stavern RB, Share D, Gardella P, Martus M, Chaturvedi S. Are patients receiving maximal medical therapy following carotid endarterectomy? Neurology. 2004 Dec 14;63(11):2011-5. Review.
- Sunbulli MF, Jacobs BS, Van Stavern RB, Chaturvedi S. Implications of the Leapfrog Initiative for carotid endarterectomy in Michigan. Neurology. 2004 Aug 10;63(3):590-1. No abstract available.
- Van Stavern RB, Chaturvedi S. Evolving Treatment Strategies for Carotid Artery Stenosis. Curr Treat Options Cardiovasc Med. 2004 Apr;6(2):105-112.
Dr. Van Stavern is the Assistant Director of the Neurology Residency Program and the Assistant Director of the Vascular Neurology Fellowship Program. She joined the faculty of the Department of Neurology at Washington University In St. Louis School of Medicine as a full-time clinical faculty member in 2009. Prior to this appointment, she spent seven years at Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit, Michigan, where she was program director for both the Adult Neurology Residency Program and the Vascular Neurology Fellowship Program. Her areas of clinical interest include ischemic stroke, primary intracranial hemorrhage, cerebrovascular disease, and general adult neurology. Her clinical research interests include primary and secondary stroke prevention and epidemiology of primary intracranial hemorrhage. She is the site PI For the Secondary Prevention of Small Subcortical Strokes (SPS3) study.