Réjean Guerriero, DO
- D.O.: Osteopathic Medicine, University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, Biddeford, ME (2009)
- B.S.: Major: Neuroscience, Minor: Philosophy, Bates College, Lewiston, ME (2001)
- Resident: Pediatrics, Baystate Children’s Hospital, Tufts University School of Medicine, Springfield, MA (7/2009 – 6/2011)
- Resident: Child Neurology, Harvard Combined Program: Boston Children's Hospital and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA (7/2011 – 6/2014)
- Fellow: Brain Injury Medicine, Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA (7/2014 – 6/2015)
- Fellow: Epilepsy and Clinical Neurophysiology, Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA (7/2015 – 6/2016)
- Pediatric Neurology – Certified
- Co-Chief Resident, Department of Neurology, Boston Children’s Hospital, Boston, MA 2014
- Nominee, Donald O’Hara Faculty Prize for Excellence in Teaching (Years I/II), Harvard Medical School, 2014
- Notable Teacher in Pediatrics Clerkship, Tufts University School of Medicine, 2010
Guerriero’s clinical and research interests overlap in epilepsy and critical care neurology. His primary focus involves using EEG monitoring to improve the care and outcomes of pediatric patients in the ICU. Using EEG and other non-invasive monitoring tools, Dr. Guerriero hopes to deliver timely treatments and interventions. Through translational research collaborations across basic science and imaging, Dr. Guerriero aims to examine the role of oxidative stress, inflammation and energy metabolism that follows acquired brain injury and contributes to the development of epilepsy and other neurologic sequelae. Dr. Guerriero has additional interests in concussion, refractory seizures, as well as resident education.
- Guerriero, R.M., Giza, C.C., & Rotenberg, A. Glutamate and GABA imbalance following traumatic brain injury. Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep. 15(5), 27, 2015
- Guerriero, R.M., Pier, D., de Gusmão, C.M., Bernson-Leung, M., Maski, K.P., Urion, D.K., & Waugh, J.L. Increased pediatric functional neurological symptom disorders after the Boston marathon bombings: a case series. Pediatr Neurol. 51(5), 619-23, 2014
- Guerriero, R.M., Musolino, P., & Tasker, R.C. Neurologic Critical Care. In: Sims, K., editor. Handbook of Pediatric Neurology. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; November 2013.
- Guerriero, R.M., Proctor, M.R., Mannix, R. & Meehan, W.P. Epidemiology, trends, assessment and management of sport-related concussion in US high schools. Curr Opin Pediatr. 24(6), 696-701, 2012