Rajat Dhar, MD
Assistant Professor of Neurology
- Neurocritical Care
- Vascular Neurology
- Rubin MA, Dhar R, Diringer MN. Racial differences in withdrawal of mechanical ventilation do not alter mortality in neurologically injured patients. J Crit Care. 2014 Feb;29(1):49-53.
- Raya A, Zipfel GJ, Diringer MN, Dacey RG Jr, Derdeyn CP, Rich KM, Chicoine MR, Dhar R. Pattern not volume of bleeding predicts angiographic vasospasm in nonaneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. Stroke. 2014 Jan;45(1):265-7.
- Kumar A, Brown R, Dhar R, Sampson T, Derdeyn CP, Moran CJ, Diringer MN. Early vs. delayed cerebral infarction after aneurysm repair after subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neurosurgery. 2013 Oct;73(4):617-23; discussion 623.
- Brown RJ, Kumar A, Dhar R, Sampson TR, Diringer MN. The relationship between delayed infarcts and angiographic vasospasm after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. Neurosurgery. 2013 May;72(5):702-7; discussion 707-8.
- Dhar R, Cotton C, Coleman J, Brockmeier D, Kappel D, Marklin G, Wright R. Comparison of high- and low-dose corticosteroid regimens for organ donor management. J Crit Care. 2013 Feb;28(1):111.e1-7.
- Dhar R. Commentary. J Neurosci Rural Pract. 2013 Jan;4(1):49-50. No abstract available.
- Scalfani MT, Dhar R, Zazulia AR, Videen TO, Diringer MN. Effect of osmotic agents on regional cerebral blood flow in traumatic brain injury. J Crit Care. 2012 Oct;27(5):526.e7-12.
- Dhar R, Scalfani MT, Blackburn S, Zazulia AR, Videen T, Diringer M. Relationship between angiographic vasospasm and regional hypoperfusion in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. Stroke. 2012 Jul;43(7):1788-94.
- Kumar A, Keyrouz SG, Willie JT, Dhar R. Reversible obstructive hydrocephalus from hypertensive encephalopathy. Neurocrit Care. 2012 Jun;16(3):433-9.
- Diringer MN, Scalfani MT, Zazulia AR, Videen TO, Dhar R, Powers WJ. Effect of mannitol on cerebral blood volume in patients with head injury. Neurosurgery. 2012 May;70(5):1215-8; discussion 1219.
- Dhar R, Diringer M. Statins and anti-inflammatory therapies for subarachnoid hemorrhage. Curr Treat Options Neurol. 2012 Apr;14(2):164-74.
- Dhar R, Scalfani MT, Zazulia AR, Videen TO, Derdeyn CP, Diringer MN. Comparison of induced hypertension, fluid bolus, and blood transfusion to augment cerebral oxygen delivery after subarachnoid hemorrhage. J Neurosurg. 2012 Mar;116(3):648-56.
- Dhar R, Human T. Central nervous system complications after transplantation. Neurol Clin. 2011 Nov;29(4):943-72.
- Dhar R, Dacey R, Human T, Zipfel G. Unilateral posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome with hypertensive therapy of contralateral vasospasm: case report. Neurosurgery. 2011 Nov;69(5):E1176-81; E1181.
- Sampson TR, Dhar R, Zipfel GJ. Cerebral infarction following a seizure in a patient with subarachnoid hemorrhage complicated by delayed cerebral ischemia. Surg Neurol Int. 2011 Jan 31;2:14.
Dr. Dhar is an Attending Physician in the Neurology/Neurosurgery Intensive Care Unit at Barnes-Jewish Hospital and carries out clinical research in neurological critical care. The focus of his research seeks to understand the brain’s response to the transfusion of red blood cells in patients at risk for cerebral ischemia after aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage.