LinLin Tian, MD, PhD
Instructor in Neurology
- The First Prize of Chinese Medical Science and Technology Award, China Association of Chinese Medicine, 2008
- Awards for Excellence in Research and Scholarship, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, 2008.
- Karimi M, Tian L, Brown CA, Loftin SK, Viden TO, Moerlein SM, Perlmutter JS Validation of nigrostriatal PET measures: Critical limits. Annals of Neurology (in press)
- Tabbal SD, Tian L, Karimi M, Brown CA, Loftin SK, Perlmutter JS: Low nigrostriatal reserve for motor parkinsonism in nonhuman primates. Exp Neurol 237(2):355-362, 2012.
- Zhang X, Ng WL, Wang P, Tian L, Werner E, Wang H, Doetsch P, Wang Y: MicroRNA-21 Modulates the Levels of Reactive Oxygen Species Levels by Targeting SOD3 and TNF. Cancer Res 72(18):4707-13, 2012.
- Brown CA, Campbell MC, Karimi M, Tabbal SD, Loftin SK, Tian LL, Moerlein SM, Perlmutter JS: Dopamine pathway loss in nucleus accumbens and ventral tegmental area predicts apathetic behavior in MPTP-lesioned monkeys. Exp Neurol 236(1):190-197, 2012.
- Tian L, Karimi M, Loftin SK, Brown CA, Xia H, Xu J, Mach RH, Perlmutter JS: No Differential Regulation of Dopamine Transporter (DAT) and Vesicular Monoamine Transporter 2 (VMAT2) Binding in a Primate Model of Parkinson Disease. PLoS One7: e31439, 2012.
- Yang J, Wang F, Tian L, Su J, Zhu X, Lin L, Ding X, Wang X, Wang S: Fibronectin and asialoglyprotein receptor mediate hepatitis B surface antigen binding to the cell surface. Arch Virol155(6):881-888, 2010.
- Tian LL, Wang XJ, Sun YN, Li CR, Xing YL, Zhao HB, Duan M, Zhou Z, Wang SQ: Salvianolic acid B, an antioxidant from Salvia miltiorrhiza, prevents 6-Hydroxydopamine induced apoptosis in SH-SY5Y cells. Int J Biochem Cell Biol 40(3): 409-422, 2008.
- Sun Y, Sun D, Li F, Tian L, Li C, Li L, Lin R, Wang S: Downregulation of Sirt1 by antisense oligonucleotides induces apoptosis and enhances radiation sensitization in A549 lung cancer cells. Lung Cancer 58(1): 21-29, 2007.
- Li CR, Zhou Z, Lin RX, Zhu D, Sun YN, Tian LL, Li L, Gao Y, Wang SQ: beta-sitosterol decreases irradiation-induced thymocyte early damage by regulation of the intracellular redox balance and maintenance of mitochondrial membrane stability. J Cell Biochem 102(3): 748-758, 2007.
We are interested in the development and validation of neuroimaging biomarkers. To develop and test new interventions to slow Parkinson disease (PD) progression, we must be able to measure disease progression objectively. Unfortunately, we don’t have such validated biomarkers with PD and other movement disorders.
We seek to understand whether any of the available PET markers truly reflects the loss of the number of nigrostriatal neurons in a preclinical model. To do these studies, we use PET, MRI and a variety of in vitro methods to quantify nigrostriatal neurons. These studies might help us to interpret previous studies that have used these radiotracers and found discordant results compared to clinical measures of disease progression.