Jin-Moo Lee, MD, PhD
Director of the Section of Stroke & Cerebrovascular Diseases—Adult Neurology; Professor of Neurology and Interim Head of the Neurocritical Care secrtion
- Director, Cerebrovascular Disease Section
- Neurology - Certified
- Listed in Best Doctors in America, 2009-2013 (Best Doctors, Inc.)
- Arthur K. Asbury Resident Award for Clinical Excellence, 1997
- Winner, Zaritsky Clinical Research Award, 1996
- Curfman D, Connor LT, Moy HP, Heitsch L, Panagos P, Lee JM, Tan DK, Ford AL. Accuracy of emergency medical services-reported last known normal times in patients suspected with acute stroke. Stroke. 2014 May;45(5):1275-9.
- Greenberg SM, Al-Shahi Salman R, Biessels GJ, van Buchem M, Cordonnier C, Lee JM, Montaner J, Schneider JA, Smith EE, Vernooij M, Werring DJ. Outcome markers for clinical trials in cerebral amyloid angiopathy. Lancet Neurol. 2014 Apr;13(4):419-28.
- An H, Ford AL, Vo KD, Liu Q, Chen Y, Lee JM, Lin W. Imaging Oxygen Metabolism In Acute Stroke Using MRI. Curr Radiol Rep. 2014 Mar 1;2(3):39.
- Vellimana AK, Yarbrough CK, Blackburn S, Strom RG, Pilgram TK, Lee JM, Grubb RL Jr, Rich KM, Chicoine MR, Dacey RG Jr, Derdeyn CP, Zipfel GJ. Intravenous tissue-type plasminogen activator therapy is an independent risk factor for symptomatic intracerebral hemorrhage after carotid endarterectomy. Neurosurgery. 2014 Mar;74(3):254-61.
- Ford AL, An H, Kong L, Zhu H, Vo KD, Powers WJ, Lin W, Lee JM. Clinically Relevant Reperfusion in Acute Ischemic Stroke: MTT Performs Better than Tmax and TTP. Transl Stroke Res. 2014 Feb 6. [Epub ahead of print]
- Meschia JF, Arnett DK, Ay H, Brown RD Jr, Benavente OR, Cole JW, de Bakker PI, Dichgans M, Doheny KF, Fornage M, Grewal RP, Gwinn K, Jern C, Conde JJ, Johnson JA, Jood K, Laurie CC, Lee JM, Lindgren A, Markus HS, McArdle PF, McClure LA, Mitchell BD, Schmidt R, Rexrode KM, Rich SS, Rosand J, Rothwell PM, Rundek T, Sacco RL, Sharma P, Shuldiner AR, Slowik A, Wassertheil-Smoller S, Sudlow C, Thijs VN, Woo D, Worrall BB, Wu O, Kittner SJ; NINDS SiGN Study. Stroke Genetics Network (SiGN) study: design and rationale for a genome-wide association study of ischemic stroke subtypes. Stroke. 2013 Oct;44(10):2694-702.
- Sanelli PC, Sykes JB, Ford AL, Lee JM, Vo KD, Hallam DK. Imaging and Treatment of Patients with Acute Stroke: An Evidence-Based Review. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2013 Apr 18. [Epub ahead of print]
- Vellimana AK, Kadkhodayan Y, Rich KM, Cross DT 3rd, Moran CJ, Zazulia AR, Lee JM, Chicoine MR, Dacey RG Jr, Derdeyn CP, Zipfel GJ. Symptomatic patients with intraluminal carotid artery thrombus: outcome with a strategy of initial anticoagulation. J Neurosurg. 2013 Jan;118(1):34-41.
- Kraft AW, Hu X, Yoon H, Yan P, Xiao Q, Wang Y, Gil SC, Brown J, Wilhelmsson U, Restivo JL, Cirrito JR, Holtzman DM, Kim J, Pekny M, Lee JM. Attenuating astrocyte activation accelerates plaque pathogenesis in APP/PS1 mice. FASEB J. 2013 Jan;27(1):187-98.
- Ford AL, Williams JA, Spencer M, McCammon C, Khoury N, Sampson TR, Panagos P, Lee JM. Reducing door-to-needle times using Toyota’s lean manufacturing principles and value stream analysis. Stroke. 2012 Dec;43(12):3395-8.
- Xiao Q, Ford AL, Xu J, Yan P, Lee KY, Gonzales E, West T, Holtzman DM, Lee JM. Bcl-x pre-mRNA splicing regulates brain injury after neonatal hypoxia-ischemia. J Neurosci. 2012 Sep 26;32(39):13587-96.
- Ford AL, An H, Vo KD, Lin W, Lee JM. Defining the ischemic penumbra using hyperacute neuroimaging: deriving quantitative ischemic thresholds. Transl Stroke Res. 2012 Jun;3(2):198-204.
- Xiao Q, Gil SC, Yan P, Wang Y, Han S, Gonzales E, Perez R, Cirrito JR, Lee JM. Role of phosphatidylinositol clathrin assembly lymphoid-myeloid leukemia (PICALM) in intracellular amyloid precursor protein (APP) processing and amyloid plaque pathogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2012 Jun 15;287(25):21279-89.
- Reynolds MR, Panagos PD, Zipfel GJ, Lee JM, Derdeyn CP. Elements of a stroke center. Tech Vasc Interv Radiol. 2012 Mar;15(1):5-9.
- Tarawneh R, Lee JM, Ladenson JH, Morris JC, Holtzman DM. CSF VILIP-1 predicts rates of cognitive decline in early Alzheimer disease. Neurology. 2012 Mar 6;78(10):709-19.
Residency in the Department of Neurology.
Dr. Lee’s clinical expertise is in stroke neurology. He attends on the inpatient stroke service, and is an attending physician in the Comprehensive Outpatient Stroke Clinic. He has participated in numerous clinical trials for the treatment and neuroimaging of acute ischemic stroke patients. Dr. Lee is a recipient of the Zaritsky Research Award and the Arthur K. Asbury Resident Award for Clinical Excellence. In addition, he was awarded the Clinical Teacher of Year Award by the Washington University Medical Students, and the Sven Eliasson Award for Teaching Excellence by the Neurology Residents in 2000.