Derek Holder, MD, MS
Assistant Professor, Neurology, Division of Vascular Neurology
- Fellowship, Vascular Neurology: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO (2017)
- Residency, Neurology: University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA (2016)
- Internship, Internal Medicine: Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY (2013)
- Medical School (MD): Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University, North Chicago, IL (2012)
- Masters of Science (MS), Biomedical Science, Special Certification in Clinical Research: Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, North Chicago, IL (2008)
- BA, Psychology: Washington University, St. Louis, MO (2007)
- Diplomate, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (2016)
Resident Award for Outstanding Quality Improvement Project. UC Davis (2016)
Graduate Medical Education High Value Competition Award Winner. UC Davis (2016)
Resident Research Scholarship, American Academy of Neurology (2016)
Dr. Holder’s interests include telestroke, regional stroke care and triage, hyperacute management of stroke, and chronic mood changes after stroke.
Dr. Holder’s research interests include novel methods of hyperacute stroke care, and quality and systems improvement of delivery of care.
Swallow K, Barch D, Head D, Maley C, Holder D, Zacks J. “Changes in Events Alter How People Remember Recent Information.” Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience 23:5. 1052-1064. (2011).