Brad A Racette, MD
Executive Vice Chairman and Professor
- Vice Chair, Neurology
- Listed in Best Doctors in America, 2008-2013 (Best Doctors, Inc.)
- Recognized as one of the Top 44 Providers with the Highest Patient Satisfaction, Washington University School of Medicine, 2010-2012
- Baker MG, Simpson CD, Stover B, Sheppard L, Checkoway H, Racette BA, Seixas NS. Blood manganese as an exposure biomarker: state of the evidence. J Occup Environ Hyg. 2014;11(4):210-7.
- Czuppon S, Racette BA, Klein SE, Harris-Hayes M. Variables associated with return to sport following anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction: a systematic review. Br J Sports Med. 2014 Mar;48(5):356-64.
- Harris-Hayes M, Willis AW, Klein SE, Czuppon S, Crowner B, Racette BA. Relative mortality in U.S. Medicare beneficiaries with Parkinson disease and hip and pelvic fractures. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2014 Feb 19;96(4):e27.
- Willis AW, Schootman M, Kung N, Wang XY, Perlmutter JS, Racette BA. Disparities in deep brain stimulation surgery among insured elders with Parkinson disease. Neurology. 2014 Jan 14;82(2):163-71.
- Gonzalez-Cuyar LF, Nelson G, Criswell SR, Ho P, Lonzanida JA, Checkoway H, Seixas N, Gelman BB, Evanoff BA, Murray J, Zhang J, Racette BA. Quantitative neuropathology associated with chronic manganese exposure in South African mine workers. Neurotoxicology. 2013 Dec 26. pii: S0161-813X(13)00189-7.
- Racette BA. Manganism in the 21st century: The Hanninen lecture. Neurotoxicology. 2013 Oct 19. pii: S0161-813X(13)00157-5.
- Lundin JI, Checkoway H, Criswell SR, Hobson AJ, Harris RC, Swisher LM, Evanoff BA, Racette BA. Screening for early detection of parkinsonism using a self-administered questionnaire: A cross-sectional epidemiologic study. Neurotoxicology. 2013 Sep 12. pii: S0161-813X(13)00134-4.
- Nichols MJ, Hartlein JM, Eicken MG, Racette BA, Black KJ. A fixed-dose randomized controlled trial of olanzapine for psychosis in Parkinson disease. F1000Res. 2013 Jul 9;2:150.
- Harms MB, Neumann D, Benitez BA, Cooper B, Carrell D, Racette BA, Perlmutter JS, Goate A, Cruchaga C. Parkinson disease is not associated with C9ORF72 repeat expansions. Neurobiol Aging. 2013 May;34(5):1519.e1-2.
- Willis AW, Schootman M, Kung N, Racette BA. Epidemiology and neuropsychiatric manifestations of Young Onset Parkinson’s Disease in the United States. Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2013 Feb;19(2):202-6.
- Lin X, Cook TJ, Zabetian CP, Leverenz JB, Peskind ER, Hu SC, Cain KC, Pan C, Edgar JS, Goodlett DR, Racette BA, Checkoway H, Montine TJ, Shi M, Zhang J. DJ-1 isoforms in whole blood as potential biomarkers of Parkinson disease. Sci Rep. 2012;2:954.
- Willis AW, Schootman M, Tran R, Kung N, Evanoff BA, Perlmutter JS, Racette BA. Neurologist-associated reduction in PD-related hospitalizations and health care expenditures. Neurology. 2012 Oct 23;79(17):1774-80.
- Racette BA, Criswell SR, Lundin JI, Hobson A, Seixas N, Kotzbauer PT, Evanoff BA, Perlmutter JS, Zhang J, Sheppard L, Checkoway H. Increased risk of parkinsonism associated with welding exposure. Neurotoxicology. 2012 Oct;33(5):1356-61.
- Kotzbauer PT, Cairns NJ, Campbell MC, Willis AW, Racette BA, Tabbal SD, Perlmutter JS. Pathologic accumulation of α-synuclein and Aβ in Parkinson disease patients with dementia. Arch Neurol. 2012 Oct;69(10):1326-31.
- Klein SE, Dale AM, Hayes MH, Johnson JE, McCormick JJ, Racette BA. Clinical presentation and self-reported patterns of pain and function in patients with plantar heel pain. Foot Ankle Int. 2012 Sep;33(9):693-8.
About Dr. Racette
Dr. Racette is a Professor and Executive Vice Chairman of Neurology at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis and an Honorary Professor of Public Health at the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg, South Africa. His research focuses on occupational and environmental manganese neurotoxicity and environmental risk factors for Parkinson disease and is supported by the National Institutes of Health, Michael J. Fox Foundation, and the American Parkinson Disease Association. This research includes numerous projects in the US, South Africa, and Europe. His research has been featured in Business Week and the Economist. He is former chairman of the Neurologic Aging Musculoskeletal Epidemiology Study Section at NIH and has served as a peer reviewer and advisor for numerous medical journals and international regulatory agencies. He has the recipient of numerous awards and has authored over 130 peer reviewed publications. Dr. Racette’s clinical practice focuses on Parkinson disease and administration of botulinum toxins for dystonia and cerebral palsy.