Siddharth Jain, MBBS, MD
Assistant Professor of Neurology
My career goal is to understand the impact of neonatal seizures on neurodevelopment and post-neonatal epilepsy and develop therapeutic strategies to reduce the burden of seizures and epilepsy in high risk neonates. I am involved in clinical care of neonates at risk for neurological injury, especially those with acute seizures and subsequent epilepsy as a part of the multidisciplinary neonatal neurology team. I am also currently involved in clinical research using EEG as a tool to develop biomarkers predicting neurological injury and brain health in the high risk neonatal population.
- Jain S, Mathur A, Srinivasakumar P, Wallendorf M, Zempel J. EEG Power Predicts seizures in Neonatal Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy Treated with Hypothermia. Platform presentation at Pediatric academic societies meeting in May 2014.
- Jain S, Mathur A, Srinivasakumar P, Wallendorf M, Zempel J. EEG Power Predicts MRI Injury in Neonatal Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy Treated with Hypothermia presented at the Pediatric Academic Societies meeting in May 2014.
- Jain S,Gilliam-Krakauer M, Barnes G, Abramo T, Engelhardt B. Cerebral rSo2 (C-rSO2) values in asphyxiated Term infants undergoing Therapeutic Hypothermia correlate with the severity of White matter injury (WMI) on MRI. Presented at the 7th International Conference on Brain Monitoring and Neuroprotection in the Newborn in September 2012
- Valero-Fonseca J,Jain S, Paolicchi J. Retrospective study in characterization of non-epileptic events in patient with some degree of Developmental Delay- Intellectual delay presented at the American Epilepsy Society in December 2010
- Guglani, L.,Jain, S., & Lodha, R. (2006). Methylprednisolone therapy in a child with unresolving ARDS. Indian pediatrics, 43(7), 639–642.
- Jain S, Kabra M. Evaluation of genetic polymorphism in MTHFR gene (C677T) as a risk factor for neural tube defects in off springs. Oral presentation at the Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Delhi state conference, Dec 2006.